We've all had those nights where some comfort food goes a long way after a hard day. Well, who says comfort food can’t have veggies?
Filled with cheese, butternut squash, and some optional veggies, this dish takes Mac n’ Cheese to a whole new level! For a crunchy kick, Farmer’s Pantry Jalapeño Cornbread Crisps are the perfect finishing spicy touch. Check out this nutritious twist on a classic dish!
1 cup defrosted frozen butternut squash cubes
1 cup whole milk cream
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
½ cup ricotta
½ cup mascarpone
1 ½ cups freshly grated parmesan
2 lbs cooked whole wheat mini elbow macaroni
1 cup crushed Farmer’s Pantry Jalapeño Cornbread Crisps
Use Code: SPICYMACNCHEESE for 25% OFF any Farmer's Pantry Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps product
Optional: frozen green peas, fresh baby spinach, fresh chopped kale
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend butternut squash, milk, cream, mustard, cayenne, salt, pepper, and mascarpone.
- Once you’ve cooked pasta, toss it with the butternut squash mix, parmesan, and ricotta.
- Spoon the mix into 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine melted butter with corn crisp crumbs and distribute evenly on top of the noodles.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly.