Farmer’s Spooky Graveyard Cake
Looking for a delicious, spooky treat for Halloween? Beware! Farmer’s Spooky Graveyard Cake is so fun and delicious it might not make it to your Halloween bash! For this scary yummy sweet, you’ll need your favorite cake mix and a few, simple ingredients for the graveyard finishing touches. (Psst…our Cornbread Crisps are the perfect shape for creepy yet lip-smacking tombstones. )
Add some fun Halloween decorations, and your family will be digging into this Spooky Graveyard cake with gusto!
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate or vanilla cake mix + necessary ingredients
- 2 sticks of room temperature, unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of milk
Graveyard Finishing Touches
- 2 cups of crushed chocolate cookies
- 1 package of Farmer’s Pantry Honey Butter Cornbread Crisps Order Now
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Halloween cake decorations + candy
How to Make It:
- Bake your cake according to the box instructions.
- While your cake cools, make the frosting.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a standing mixer.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until the frosting thins.
- Spread a good layer of frosting on top of your cooled cake.
- Then take your chocolate cookie and blitz them in your food processor until you have large crumbs. Place them on top of your frosting.
- To create the cookie headstones. Take your semi-sweet chocolate and melt in a double-broilers or in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, use two forks to submerge the Cornbread Crisp into the chocolate until it is fully coated. Shake off the excess chocolate and allow the shell to harden on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining crisps.
- Once the chocolate hardens, melt your vanilla chocolate in either a double-broiler or microwave safe bowl in 15 second increments.
- Take the smooth melted chocolate and pour it into a piping bake or fine tipped squeeze bottle. Decorate your headstones as you wish.
- Insert the headstones into your cake. Add additional spooky decorations as needed!
Subscribe to our Blog
Farmer’s Creamy Lemon Pie Cups
Mar 30, 2019
Farmer’s Spicy Chili Cornbread Crisps Pie
Mar 23, 2019
Farmer’s Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Mar 19, 2019