These delicious stuffed mushrooms are a total crowd-pleaser. Tender mushroom caps overstuffed with buttery, garlicky, spicy Cornbread Crisps crumbs topping and baked until golden brown. Our Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps add a spicy kick to this classic dish! Substitute Original for just a touch of sweet or Barbecue for a touch of tangy. Regardless, which flavor you choose for this delicious dish, they’re gonna love it!
- 24 medium whole mushrooms
- ¾ cup Farmer's Pantry Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic or 2 fresh cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discard tough end of stems.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chopped onion; sauté until translucent.
- Next add Cornbread Crisps crumbs, evenly coat them in butter, then toss in minced mushroom stems. Overly dry stuffing will burn, so add extra butter as needed.
- Here is where you can add your own personal touch to the mix and season based on your preference. Start with a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic and any Italian seasonings you have on hand.
- Set aside to cool.
- Line up the mushrooms an inch apart on the baking sheet. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the mushrooms turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. For extra soft mushrooms, bake an additional 10 minutes.