Farmer’s Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Stuffed meatballs have all the flavors of buffalo hot wings without the guilt! A healthier alternative to chicken wings, these buffalo chicken meatballs are the perfect appetizer or main to serve the family.
- ¾ cup Farmer’s Pantry Original Cornbread Crisps, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella
- 2/3 cup Frank's RedHot®
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or a baking mat.
- Combine your ground chicken, egg, and Cornbread Crisps crumbs in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to the mix.
- Roll the meat into bite sized balls.
- Flatten the meatball with your thumb and add ½ tablespoon of mozzarella to the center of the bite.
- Roll the meatball and add to your baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Bake the meatballs for 40 minutes.
- While the meatballs bake, make your buffalo sauce.
- Once the meatballs have finished cooking coat with finished Buffalo Sauce.
- Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk.
- As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.